Learn about Prohibition era cocktail recipes.
The "Modern Cocktail" using sloe gin and absinthe.We can date this drink back to around 1910. The Modern Cocktail was popular during the prohibition era in America. The major taste notes are of the Sloe Gin, followed by a slight smoke from the Scotch. The dash of absinthe gives the drink a subtle depth of flavors. A wonderful drink that you gotta try today.
Modern Cocktail Recipe:
- 1 ounce Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch
- 1 1/2 ounces Plymouth Sloe Gin
- 1/4 ounce lemon twist
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 1 dash absinthe
- 1 dash orange bitters
Cocktail Mixing Instructions:
- In a cocktail shaker, add lemon juice and the sugar and stir.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the shaker.
- Will with ice cubes and give a good long shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a cherry on top of the cocktail.